Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Family Tree Maker 2017 Hits a Snag


The MacKiev.com version of Family Tree Maker designated as version 2017 has hit a snag in being fully released. My source of information indicates that Ancestry shut down syncing between Ancestry and FTM 2014.1 a few weeks ago, however, the new Family Tree Maker 2017 is still in Beta and so syncing is not available at all for those with earlier versions.

Those that preordered the new Family Tree Maker 2017 are still waiting for shipments.

I have heard this same story quite a few times from users who expect software development to progress as announced by the developers. I have also experienced the same story from some construction contractors, courts and other institutions that don't have control over everything that might and does happen with events.


-->


4 comments:

  1. Mr Tanner,

    I respectfully suggest that you read the Software MacKiev real story is.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FamilyTreeMakerUsers/permalink/1114212968725191/

    or

    https://support.mackiev.com/498640-RELEASE-OF-FTM-2017

    and

    https://support.mackiev.com/423323-FTM-2017-Sync-and-Release-FAQ

    There are two sides of the story.

    Ancestry.com is involved with the delay.

    and, actually, the delay is a Positive, at least for me. FTM2017 and the new FamilySync™ won't be released until it's ready. Some of the delay has to do with what Ancestry has to do, to keep the other aspects of their business from being impacted.

    Thank you,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ, I will. I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  2. On the website of FTM's new owners are April 4 and April 6 updates regarding some problems that emerged during testing. The updates are not really explicit about how much of the problems are due to Ancestry's tree software configuration, how much is due to the newer version of FTM, and what interface problems may be, but testing continues.

    https://support.mackiev.com/498640-RELEASE-OF-FTM-2017

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they fix it soon, as my FTM 2017 keeps not responding after 20 minutes or so. I have to close it, re-open it and compact the file. I NEVER had to do this before!!!!!

    ReplyDelete